On March 29th 2022, the 1st workshop of the project “Skilled to be a fire Expert” took place at the Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Zagreb and was hosted by Inspekting. The goal of the project is to develop an online platform for instructors with teaching materials that reflect the current state of the art in various segments of fire engineering: Risk Assessment, Fire Propagation through Facades, Fire Resistance, Evacuation, Smoke Control, Fire detection and alarm systems etc.
Considering the current COVID situation, the workshop was held in a mixed format and attended by a total of 92 participants (including team members) whose activities are closely related to fire engineering (lecturers, firefighters, industry, inspection, designers, and others).
At this workshop, the materials developed to date were presented. Through active discussions at the end of each series of presentations and answered questionnaires, the members of the project team received valuable suggestions for further work.
Summarized schedule of the multiplier event:
- Opening of the multiplier event
- Presentation of the project
- Presentation of module 2 (Prevention of spreading the fire to adjacent buildings and on facade) and module 3 (Fire resistance of structures and prevention of spread of fire inside the building) with discussion
- Coffee break
- Presentation of module 4 (Evacuation), module 5 (Fire detection and alarm systems) and module 6 (Smoke control) with discussion
- Presentation of module 7 (Automatic fire extinguishing systems) and module 8 (Firefighting measures) with discussion
- Closure of the multiplier event